January 7, 2014

Author Interview with Andrew Weaver

Hi Andrew, first of all, could you tell us a bit about yourself.
I have lived in many parts of the United Kingdom and am currently living in West Sussex. I enjoy many interests and hobbies, none more so than my love of classic cars - although this does unfortunately involve destroying them in fires.
My musical tastes are extremely eclectic, but nowhere near as diverse as my professional career…
I have worked in design & production in clothing, a Banker (that’s spelt with a B!) and am currently a self-employed Utility Consultant.

What do you think makes your genre special?
Science Fiction / Mystery are very interesting genres as they really have limitless possibilities, and your imagination can carry you to anywhere you desire.

What do you think makes a great story?
Understanding what a great story is so difficult to quantify. I like to read many different genres and styles, and my mood will additionally have a bearing on how good I think the story is. Nevertheless, for me to begin enjoying a story, I have to be able to connect with at least one of the characters or some element of the story.

What is your latest book called and could you explain to us in 20 words what it is about?
My latest book called Martin revolves around the character of the same name. Are his new weird experiences really happening, is he dreaming, or is he being controlled?

Which kind of reader do you think will enjoy your book? 
If you enjoy a good mystery, with a bit of science fiction thrown in, then this book is definitely for you.

Is it a Standalone, or part of the series? If it the latter, how long do you think will it go on?
At the moment Martin is a stand-alone book, however I may well write a follow up story as so many people have requested a sequel.

What influenced or inspired you writing it?
I can still clearly recall waking from a very vivid dream with the idea for my book. I know it sounds rather corny, but it is nevertheless true - clearly a case of reality being stranger than fiction.

Why did you choose especially this title? Was it your first choice?
The book is named after the main character.  I called him Martin for no reason other than at the time of writing I did not know anybody by that name. It seemed like a safe sensible thing to do.

What was the hardest part for you working on your book?
Probably the hardest part of writing this book was working on it mostly in total secrecy. For the most part I really enjoyed penning this book and cannot wait to write my next story.

Was there a scene that you didn’t want to add or remove in your finished work?
When I set out to write the story of Martin, I had a very clear idea of where the story would commence and end, as well as a number of specific points in between. This made it very easy to ‘fill in the gaps’, and make the story flow very simply in and out of each scene.

Do you already know what to do next?
I will be doing one of two things next:
1 – Write my new story called ‘The Watch’, or…
2 – Write the sequel to Martin

Where can we find more about you and your books?
You can keep up to date with further news on Facebook.

Any last words?
I know there is very little in the way of storytelling that is genuinely ‘original’; we have all been influenced by stories in books, on the radio or on the television or cinema. I have nevertheless strived very hard to make my story different to most, I like to think that it mostly is…Why don’t you find out for yourself and read Martin?

Martin
This is a story told through the eyes of Martin a recently retired banker. Within weeks of returning to his home village he meets up with Alistair – an old school friend. Unsure how he will make use of his free time, Martin agrees to take up the intriguing offer from Alistair and get involved in his secret project.
Martin has never married, nor has he had any children. These are all facts and part of his life memories. At least, that’s what he thinks he remembers. However, since his involvement with Alistair’s project, Martins life changes forever – and continues to change in all manner of inexplicable ways. As the weeks go by, Martin comes to realise that he can no longer be sure of anything, anybody, or even his past life. Is he really losing his mind and going mad? Or are others now controlling his life and possibly manipulating his destiny?

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment